Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Seven Years Strong

Taken at Centennial Lakes Park, Minneapolis MN by my best friend

I can’t believe that seven years have already passed since I walked down that aisle and said ‘I do’. I don’t really feel that old, so to think about it being seven years ago makes me realize how ridiculously young we were when we got married. 
Young, crazy in love, full of wild and crazy hopes and dreams, stubborn as ever and ready to take on the world.  The young part is the only one that has changed in these seven years. Everything else is pretty much the same. And that makes me happy.
We have said for the last week that we need to sit down with a piece of paper and write down where we have been for each anniversary, but we haven’t gotten around to it.  I will share it when we do.  Rest assured that it will not be boring.  We have not spent our anniversaries in the same location more than once, I think. That is just how we roll. 
M-ville isn’t exactly known for its romance, so this year isn’t anything fancy. A is busy getting ready for meetings in the capital next week, Little t is teething and cranky and I am covered in flea bites, but like A said, it is a very good anniversary.  He commented on the fact that we have learned how to live well in this last year – with a baby and in this country (with a baby, no less!) both of which we don’t consider small feats.  So, we are celebrating M-ville style: Pancakes on the porch for breakfast (with 4 small Finish children staring at us), lunch together with a piece of frozen cake for dessert, and supper with guests. A wants pointy local dress shoes as his gift and I was given the go-ahead to pick out curtain fabric for the house we are moving into while in the capital next week.  Utterly and totally romantic… 
But it is. A prayed for us at lunch and I cried as we sat here holding hands. I am so amazingly blessed and humbled to be on this journey together.  It is not an easy one and there are few people crazy enough to embark on it. I never imagined myself finding someone to enjoy the ride with…but I have and I couldn’t be more thankful. 
So, here is to a lifetime more together… 

Couldn't be happier...then or now!
(This post was written on May 29th, our anniversary, but due to a houseful of guests and a lack of electricity/no internet, it is only now getting posted.)

3 comments:

  1. WARM FUZZIES!

    What a match!

    What a blessing!

    So grateful that God brought you into our lives.

    7 years of marital bliss behind you....77 more to go!

    Love always,
    One blessed mother-in-law

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I cried too. Reading your blog and thinking back to that special day. What a great day it was. You both are so amazing and lil't is pretty special as well. Thinking of you as you are traveling and moving. Lots of Love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post and coming back after bedtime to read how you met ... Happy Happy 7 years guys. Being in love with your best friends is the greatest gift!

    ReplyDelete