Sunday, September 4, 2011

Back In Real Life Mode


Okay…well, we are back in ‘real life’ mode around here.  Ramadan is over. Eid turned into the craziest 5 days of our life (slight exaggeration) but it is over now. We are back to the grind and thankful for a bit of quiet. 
On the blog front, I am glad to be back to normal as well…I really liked sharing stories of people here with you, but also felt constrained to that and had other ‘real life’ stuff to share – like how cute my kid is, etc.  I felt guilty wanting to post about how cute my kid is when I should have been sharing ways for you to pr.ay for people here and around the world.  But I am selfish like that, so I ended up feeling guilty. 
Anyhoo…we had a very very fun (and crazy) time for Eid and I am working to get some stories up of that…mainly so I don’t forget them. So, look for Eid goodness coming your way soon.
In ‘real life news’ we are good.  A is back at work and Little t and I are hanging out.  Angel khAla was here today and it was good to see her.  She has had 10 guests staying in her house for 10 days now and is about to go crazy. Poor lady.  She said today, “my husband keeps saying ‘there has to be a polite way to get rid of them!’” So, she is busy and tired…and thankful to come here where it is just Little t and I during the day!
Speaking of Little t – he is cute.  He is growing like crazy and has personality popping out all over the place.  He really enjoyed Eid, though it made him a little crazy – a few too many people and a lot too many candies will do that to a kid!  He only knocked over 4 trays on pedestals full of fruit, nuts, candy, cookies, etc.  He picked up zero of those trays, for what it’s worth.  He is very much into doing anything that his Dad is doing and wants to be involved in everything going on.
The majority of our team has been gone for the last 2 months or so.  Right now there are 4 adults and 1 kid here...it has been that way for a few weeks now and we kinda like it.  We get along great with the other couple and have really appreciated getting to know them better.  On Wednesday our numbers will grow to 8 adults and 3 kids and we are excited for life to get a little crazier!  Team dynamics are constantly changing in this context and it is exciting and challenging.  Never a dull moment. 
We are now the proud owners of a rabbit named Romeo.  Long story short, Little t and I went to visit a neighbor, commented on the rabbit and they insisted we take it home.  We love having him around. He is totally tame and hops right up when we go out the door, finds Little t and I in the garden and comes over to say hi.  He is great and the perfect pet for here.
I have to be honest and say that I am loving the chadori (burka) now…I know it sounds crazy, but life is exponentially easier with it.  I went visiting with the women from the office yesterday and it was just so much less stressful…we were all wearing the same thing – it didn’t make me stand out or them stand out, we were all just ladies and it was great.  That day in itself deserves about 10 blog posts because it was just craziness…but it was good.
A and I are making valid attempts to work out in the evenings.  We find we are happier and more productive during the day if we get that exercise in.
I think that is all of the randomness I have to share for today. It feels good to be back.  I will write again soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment