Saturday, March 9, 2013

Heard Lately...

It struck me today that some pretty funny things have been said around our house recently. I decided to share as a way to ease back into blogging...and pretend that it hasn't been over 2 months since I posted anything on here!
 - Little t has taken to calling me Pretty Lady. I am really really okay with this. He can be heard during the day saying, "hey pretty lady! want to kiss my muscles?" Really? who can resist that?

 -The chowkidar here is a very nice guy that we like a lot. He is great with Little t and does good work. I am finding it strange though that he addresses me as Said...which basically means boss or master. I don't know if it is because he can't remember my name, or if it just an impulse thing or what...but it is weird. I am beginning to toy with the idea of having Little t give him lessons in calling me pretty lady. I mean, what girl doesn't want to be called that multiple times a day?!?

 -DaDaDaDADADADADA! This is what we hear from Baby Z all day. She loves her daddy and isn't afraid to let us know! She also waves when someone says hi, bye or salaam. She is babbling up a storm, but Dada is definitely her first word.

 -Little t was talking with my parents on Skype the other morning and very seriously informed them that he is going to be a policeman when he grows up. My mom asked what Baby Zar is going to be. Without skipping a beat Little t replied, "A giraffe!"

 -Later in the conversation my brother joined and told Little t that he decided to be a giraffe when he grows up. Little t said "wow! cool!" Tate asked Little t what Baby Zar was going to be and he replied, "a hippo"

 -Little t earlier today, "mom, I would really like you to pinch my buns!"

 -Me to Little t this morning at breakfast: "It is not okay to pull your sock off of your foot and wipe oatmeal off of the table with it...not okay."

 -Little t is convinced that Baby Z's middle name is Peter. No idea where this came from.

 -A.P. really really likes pad thai (the traditional Thai noodle dish). He ate it often while we were in Thailand. One day during lunch he said, "You know, all of these old white guys have it figured out. They come here and marry a Thai lady and then she can cook them pad thai every day. How great would that be, to get fat off of pad thai...so great."

 -A.P. also really likes pilau (the local traditional rice dish). Last night during his second meal of pilau for the day he said, "I wonder how many years it will be before I am that old man who takes a plastic bag to weddings to take all of the leftover pilau home to eat? Not long at the rate I am going!" This morning when he was really sick, he agreed that he might postpone such pilau gluttony for a while.

 -During a conversation the other day about a local co-worker it came up that he comes from an important family but he himself isn't so important because he is the son of the fourth wife. We decided to make that our new insult, "you son of the fourth wife!"

 - Conversation that happens every day when Little t comes home from preschool. I ask how his day was and he says, “dreat! (great) I didn’t have any time outs and I got a piece of candy!”

 And lastly: - Usually Little t isn't interested in pra.ying at the dinner table unless he is in a good mood. He is usually in a good mood when he comes home from preschool. The other day he started to pray - in a very fervent voice he began, "thank you God for the Lord!" I cracked up...and blamed it on Baby Zar. He is such a funny little stinker.

 And let's be honest...you all would rather see pictures of my cute kiddos than read crazy stories. So here are a few...
On Turtle Beach in Thailand. Little t was in heaven
Peas....Yum!
     

1 comment:

  1. I missed reading your blogs and am very glad you are back!

    ReplyDelete