Saturday, March 5, 2011

If They Had It Their Way...

The ladies that Andy works with would use me as their living breathing make-up practice dummy...every day...

This photo was taken 2007 or 2008...whenever we visited M-ville while we were still in Lal. We went to the village on an overnight trip to research work being done here. The hubby walked away with some very insightful tips on development work...I walked away looking like this.

The women still bring this up constantly...and comment that I am pretty, but would be much prettier if I let them doll me up like this every day. I remind them that they would only need to do it once a week...because that is how long it took me to get all of the gunk off the last time. I am a sucker, what can I say? When we went to the wedding a few weeks ago, they kindly offered to do my make-up. I took care of it myself...but left off the lipstick. They chased me around for 30 minutes before I finally buckled to the pressure and my lips were a nice orange hue for three days after that. Word on the street is that I have 'gained points' with them for being so vulnerable stupid. Don't get me wrong, I love it...except when my raccoon eyes scare myself each time I look in the mirror. Some sacrifices have to be made I guess...


One of my favorite photos from Lal..with three dear friends and co-workers...such blessings to me.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, sorry! These pictures are crazy big...'all the better to to scare you my dear!'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahahaha! I love the mental picture I have of them pestering you with lipstick until you give in! You do look beautiful either way, if I may say so. I also am not a fan of the raccoon look - I jumped in the swimming pool at Ellsworth yesterday, forgetting to take my makeup off first. Not. Pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What brand of makeup are they using? It sounds major toxic ... we need that here where in four minutes you sweat off your makeup. ;)

    You are cute.

    ReplyDelete