Monday, February 6, 2012

Around Here These Days...

I am a terrible mother...

I have not taken a single pregnancy photo until a week or so ago.

I take that back...I took one very blurry photo in the hotel mirror in Dubai when I was like 8 weeks pregnant...totally bloated from a HUGE supper at Texas Roadhouse...and accompanied by my husband who was mocking me because his belly was just as big at that time...I may have to find that...

I keep growing, but haven't documented it steadily like I did when I was pregnant with Little t.  But I finally broke down and had A.P. take a photo last Friday. So, here is baby #2:

20 weeks pregnant with Baby Burton #2

Prrreeety sure the basketball isn't supposed to come for a while longer...I am scared for the next 4 months!
I am feeling really good these days and baby is doing great.  I felt pretty nasty until about week 12 and then it has been smooth sailing from there.  Baby kicks all the time and endures much "love" from his/her big brother.  Many people marvel when they find that I am working out everyday...but those who have seen me after not working our for a day or two (or three) can attest that it is more of a necessity than an impressive feat of determination.  I get so painfully sore - especially in my lower back - if I am not working out every day.  I went three days over the weekend (had guests, etc) and I looked like a crippled 80 year old woman by the time the week rolled around.  A.P was concerned, I think.  So, I do it to stay sane...and mobile.   We are really excited about this new addition to our family!

In non-baby news...which is most of our news as you can tell from the lack of belly photos...Life is rolling along here in M-ville. We are quickly approaching the end of this stage of life here and feeling good about it, though we have a lot to do before we leave.  To be honest, today, I am really ready to get to a place where I can have a hot shower and sit in a room that is warmer than 64 degrees...we are looking forward to a break.  We LOVE life here, but we have our days (today being one of them) where a little less stress would be good.

But like I said, for the most part, we are doing great here in M-ville.  We are sad to think about leaving many aspects of life here for a time.  Life is simple and unchaotic...and we really really like that.  Excitements of our week include things like:


 Little t discovering the camera and taking a series of 'self portraits'. He said cheese and smiled for each one...even though none of them included his head.  I would have shown the rest, but the camera was set to video mode, so they are all small films. They would take years to upload.   ***Small point to consider....I was sitting right next to him and watching him do this the whole time.  Normally I would not let him play with the camera like this...but it was during a small small window of opportunity where the power and internet were working...so I threw caution to the wind and let him snap away while I checked e-mail. And I have this gem to remember my excellent parenting decision by!


The coolest Boy Band in M-ville!  Check out Little t's hands in his pockets.  The kid kills me!
This is our stage. The newest fad in A.P. and Little t's playtime routine.  They get up there and sing and dance and play air guitars.  Elmo is in their band (obviously) and provides excellent vocals.  They have shows each day at which I must be the groupie and cheer wildly from the crowd. We know how to have fun!  The cushions are laid down because after the concert Little t jumps off the stage into A.P.'s arms repeatedly. He is getting better at waiting until the count of three. He is not 100%...which is scary, but we are getting there.      ****Sidenote: I did not choose the color of this wall...just wanted to point that out.

As we speak/I write, there are loud cheers coming from the game room.  A.P. is out there with his boss from the capital and one of his main donors from England. They are playing Wii for the first time.  We had them over for supper (along with a local man who lives in the capital).  I was really nervous to host this local guy, but he was a gem and supper went off without a hitch.  Now Dance Dance Revolution is making everyone happy.  

We really know how to live it up here in M-ville!

4 comments:

  1. Love it! Thanks for the pics! YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL and I miss you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! Thanks for posting baby belly photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGoodness... Congrats on baby #2!! :) You look great. Prayers for you and your family as you begin your transition leaving and coming back to the states.

    ReplyDelete