Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Numbers...

I felt like I needed to post something not so serious after my rant and rave session...for anyone who is still reading after that.

I was also thinking about a lot of things this morning that were fun that I wanted to write about, but weren't really big enough things to post separately about so I thought I would throw them in here cause they all kinda follow the theme of numbers....so here we go.

14 - number of months of my baby...he just had his 14 month b-day on the 10th

10 - the day in February that little T started walking.

1 - the number of kiwis that little T ate for supper last night

7 - the number of days that the group of neighborhood boys come knocking on the gate because they have lost their ball over the wall.

7 - the number of days that said boys knock on said gate very loudly just after I have put little down for his nap.

15 - number of boys who come to the gate

2 - number of boys who are allowed into the yard to look for the ball...at first I said one, but they insisted there needed to be two of them...because they say I am scary! :)

4 - number of Finnish children that returned to M-ville today after a month of vacation

5 - number of times in the last month I have overheard people in the bazaar discussing whether I am from Iran.

0 - number of times I have corrected them.

3 - number of days a week angel khAla comes to do my dishes

3 - number of days a week that angel khAla tells me it is nice out and I MUST take little T out to play.

1 - number of dollars per hour angel khAla makes when she works for us (I would pay her more, but it is a rule)

2 - number of kilos of carrots I bought in the bazaar yesterday

30 - number of cents that each kilo of carrots cost me

1 - number of kilos that I should have bought instead...I get excited about carrots for some reason

3 - number of hours that little T has been napping lately...it is bliss

5 - number of times I have been trying to work out each week while he naps.

0 - percent of motivation I have to work out today...hence the blog I am typing right now.

7 - number of nights a week that A and I go in and stare at little T as he sleeps.

48 - number of degrees it was yesterday in the bazaar when some man scolded A for having his baby out
in such cold weather...

14 - number of donkeys we saw in the bazaar we saw yesterday, a rough estimate, but probably close

1 - number of times this week I have been asked if I was pregnant

0 - number of times this week I have been pregnant

10 - number of kids that angel khAla has had (2 have died)

9 - number of the kids that the guards have suggested to A that we should have

20 - number of minutes I laughed when A told me this and I thought about what life would be like for us

2 - number of guards who nodded in acknowledgement when A started talking through with them the expenses of getting a family of 11 back and forth from America to here

6 or 7 - the number of children the guards settled for that would be acceptable for us to have

0 - the percent of say that the guards have in said decision

100 - times a day I wish I was able to take more pictures here.

100 - times a day I will myself to not forget the beauty and grace and strength of the people in this place.

countless - the number of times every I realize how good God is and how very very richly he has blessed me in this place and this life.

4 comments:

  1. I always look forward to your posts whether they are serious or lighthearted. I always have something(s) to learn!!! Enjoyed this post very much and even had to LOL at times!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks T. That was fun to read!Multiple smiles. I also did not mind your so-called rant. I appreciated you calling our attention to this need. June

    ReplyDelete
  3. 0 - number of times this week I have been pregnant. That one made me laugh out loud. hee hee. Loved catching up on your posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, I just loved this post! You have such a way with words. I especially liked the part about the guards deciding how many children you should have. Hahahaha

    ReplyDelete