Tuesday, February 22, 2011

This Day

This post was supposed to have nice pictures to go with it...but I have been trying for three days to upload them and it hasn't worked...So, it is sans photos...


Some Days

Life is a roller coaster, isn’t it? 

Some days

I find myself overtaken by the beauty around me. This place might not seem beautiful at first glance, but I would venture to say that it grows on you.

The shimmer of a blue burka as it dances ever so slightly in the breeze

The late afternoon sunlight glancing off the mountains 

The pine trees and cobbled streets

The twist of a turban and the glitter of a hat that peeps out from its center

The small and sure steps of a donkey as they trod along

The lilting sound of children’s laughter

The birds that fill our tree with activity and songs

The explosion of color that fills the cloth sellars stall

The kindness of friends

The love of family


Other days 

The ugliness of this place speaks loud and clear

Mud and dust cover everything

Sickness and lack of care run rampant

Poverty speaks of hardship and hunger

Greed gives way to bitterness and oppression

Violence is practiced by even the youngest members of society

Lying and deceit are common courtesy

Abuse of women is the norm

Faith is so easily replaced with fear

Many prayers are said, but all have a common futile ring


The days come one after the other, some full of goodness, others in need of much grace. So often I am drawn quickly from the mountaintop of beauty and enjoyment to the valley of despair. I am so reminded in these days of my need for a Savior, my family’s need for a Savior, this country’s need for a Savior. 

Lord, may I come to look at each day

As a gift from you

No matter how hard

How scary

How sad

May I see you in everything

Give me eyes to see others

As beautiful

As worth it

As you see them

Humble me in my fear and doubt

Bring me to my knees

Now more than ever before

You are the hope

You are the healer

You are the Master of this day


The Name of Jesus – Chris Tomlin

The name of Jesus is a refuge
A shelter from the storm, a help to those who call
The name of Jesus is a fortress
A saving place to run, a hope unshakeable

When we fall You are the Savior, when we call You are the answer
There is power in Your name, there is power in Your name

In the name of Jesus
There is life and healing
Chains are broken in Your name
Every knee will bow down and our heats will cry out
Songs of freedom in Your name, oh, in Your name

Bring salvation, bring Your Kingdom
Let all that You have made bring glory to Your name
When we fall you are the Savior, when we call You are the answer
There is power in Your name, there is power in Your name

No comments:

Post a Comment