Friday, January 14, 2011

Currently...

Okay, I must admit that I am cheesy and really like filling out surveys, etc.  I liked this one I found on the web as a way of telling what is going on in my life currently...hence the title.  So, there you have it.


Current Books:  I am reading the book Crazy Love by Francis Chan…I like it so far. I am interested to get into it more. I am also reading a book called The Places In Between by Rory Stewart.  He is a man from Scotland who walked across Central Asia, from Turkey to Bangladesh.  The book is about his walk between Herat and Kabul, by foot in the middle of winter. I find it really interesting because we have been to the places he writes about and it is fascinating to read another person’s account of that fascinating part of the world.  I am also trying hard to read through the Bible this year (I usually get halfway through and then get far behind and give up on the goal). I am trying to read it in the Message version.

Current Play List: I am really enjoying the new albums by Jeremy Camp and Chris Tomlin, as well as the new ones by Downhere and Sanctus Real.  When we aren’t living in the States, A and I get each other music for Christmas gifts so we are overflowing with new goodies to enjoy these days.

Current Guilty Pleasure: Running water – hot showers (really nice hot showers) and a washing machine.  I can put up with a LOT if I can have a decent hot shower once a week…to have two really nice hot showers a week…I am feeling WAY spoiled! And the washing machine – to be able to put a load of clothes in and have them washed and clean in an hour or hour and a half, (provided we don’t run out of water in the tank or the electricity doesn’t go off), is the greatest thing ever!

Current Color: Because everything is a drab brown here, I am really enjoying color these days, especially purple and a light blue…the colors of my new curtains (thanks Mom!) . I will put pictures up soon cause they are amazing!

Current Drink: Am not drinking enough water! Need to be better about that.  Usually have coffee in the morning with cream, sugar and a little hazelnut vanilla flavoring.  In the afternoon usually have a cup of tea. My faves right now are Stash Licorice Spice and Good Earth Organic Sweet and Spicy Organic Tea.  

Current Food: Loving the oranges here, and kiwis – just got a whole crate of kiwis and they are wonderful!

Current Favorite Shows: The Office is the only thing we watch now. We just got a t.v. Rumor has it we can get a few channels (BBC, other local language stations) for a few dollars a month. So who knows, maybe I will become addicted to some “serial”/soap opera from here?!? My secret wish is that I will be able to find Sesame Street for little t.

Current Wish list: That our other boxes would come in the mail, our own bedroom (we share with little t right now…it is manageable but noisy), better communication with my siblings, and the ability to walk around freely.

Current Needs: Vanilla extract, more focus to get tasks done around the house during the day.

Current Triumphs: We are here! A and I worked out last night – it is going to become a regular thing and that makes me happy.

Current Bane Of My Existence: Cheap and poorly made disposable diapers…I am tired of all of the blowouts, people!!! Waiting patiently until the rest of the cloth diapering stuff gets here so we can put an end to this because it is out of control!  And my hair…but what else is new?

Current Indulgence: A very quiet and peaceful house – the first house we have lived in overseas that has been this quiet…it is such a joy. Internet…feeling very spoiled these days…and a little too lazy to tell you the truth.

Current Blessing: My boys – they make me smile. The time with my mom.

Current Outfit: Still in my p.j.’s to be honest…will change that soon.

Current Excitement: Hearing A so excited about his work…makes me very happy. Little t learning and doing new things every day.

Current Mood: Content – life isn’t perfect, but it is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment